The Global Antibiotics Market size is estimated to be USD 47.12 billion in 2019 and is predicted to reach USD 70.27 billion by 2030 with a CAGR of 3.7% from 2020-2030. Antibiotics are chemical compounds that kill or slows down the growth of disease causing microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, and parasite. Since the introduction of medicine, antibiotics have become an essential component in modern healthcare industry. The role of antibiotics has expanded from treating serious medical conditions to preventing infections in surgical patients, protecting cancer patients and people with compromised immune systems.
Antibiotic resistance is directly related to the frequency of use of antibiotics. WHO estimated 4, 90, 000 people developed multi-drug resistant TB globally, and drug resistance is starting to complicate the fight against HIV and malaria in 2016. Moreover, without new antibiotics, it will be increasingly difficult to effectively treat infections, and procedures such as organ transplantation, chemotherapy, or common surgical procedures, which carry high risk of untreatable infections. Therefore, it important to ensure availability of both new and old antibiotics of special medical value.
Market Dynamics and Trends:
Growing prevalence of infectious diseases across the globe is the major factor that is driving the demand for antibiotics. Additionally, increasing demand for generic drugs, rising geriatric population, increasing research and development investments, and government initiatives with regards to awareness of infectious diseases and antibiotics are some of the other factors contributing to the growth of this market. Moreover, discovery of advanced molecules and novel combination therapies to treat antibiotic-resistant microbial infections are offering significant opportunities in antibiotics market. However, factors such as development of resistance against antibiotics and inadequate pipeline of antibiotics is likely to restrain the growth of antibiotics market.
Market Segmentations and Scope of the Study:
Global antibiotics market share is analysed on the basis of type, spectrum, mechanism, distribution channel and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into cephalosporins, penicillins, fluoroquinolones, macrolides, carbapenems, aminoglycosides, sulfonamides, and others. By spectrum the market is further segmented into broad-spectrum antibiotics, and narrow-spectrum antibiotics. The mechanism segment covers the market for cell wall synthesis inhibitors, protein synthesis inhibitors, DNA synthesis inhibitors, RNA synthesis inhibitors, mycolic acid inhibitors, and folic acid synthesis inhibitors. The distribution channel segment covers the market for retail pharmacy, online pharmacy, and hospitals pharmacy. The regional analysis of the market comprises of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
While there is a clear need for increased antibiotic innovation, focusing only on innovation will not sustain the ability to address serious infections. Many of the market players are entering into strategic alliances which help them make considerable investments in drug discovery. This in turn is expected to develop more number of molecules. For instance, in June 2018, Deinove entered into collaboration with Biomérieux to discover new antibiotics. These and many such strategic developments increases competition and enables companies strengthen their presence in the global antibiotics market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Pfizer, Inc. Abbott Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Daiichii Sankyo Company Limited, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals LLC, Astellas Pharma, Inc., Merck & Company, Inc., Roche Holding AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc., and GlaxoSmithKline Plc, is also provided in this antibiotics market report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the antibiotics market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- The study comprises a deep dive analysis of the current and future antibiotics market trends depicting the prevalent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold in the antibiotics market.
- The antibiotics market report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2020-2030 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the antibiotics market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis in the antibiotics market report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Global Antibiotics Market– By Type
- Global Antibiotics Market – By Spectrum
- Broad-Spectrum Antibiotics
- Narrow-Spectrum Antibiotics
- Global Antibiotics Market – By Mechanism
- Cell Wall Synthesis Inhibitors
- Protein Synthesis Inhibitors
- DNA Synthesis Inhibitors
- RNA Synthesis Inhibitors
- Mycolic Acid Inhibitors
- Folic Acid Synthesis Inhibitors
- Global Antibiotics Market – By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Hospitals Pharmacy
- Global Antibiotics Market – By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- North America
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East