The Global Biosimulation Market size is estimated to be USD 1.84 billion in 2019 and is predicted to reach USD 8.50 billion by 2030 with a CAGR of 14.9% from 2020-2030. Biosimulation is computer-based mathematical simulation of biological processes and systems. This is an approach to biomedical research and treatment in which the computer modelling is used for experimental and clinical work. Biosimulation is an integral part of systems biology. Due to the complexity of biological systems simplified and constructed models are used for interpretation of experimental results and to collect information from various experiments.
Biosimulation is also known as model-based drug development that has ability to make data-driven decisions at all stages of drug development through a quantitative framework. Researchers are focusing on developing artificial organs by employing mathematical modelling and computer simulation technology. Recent developments in the field of biosimulation focuses on conducting virtual clinical trials on new developing drugs. Using virtual patients instead of clinical research patients can save both time and money for the research institutes and pharmaceutical companies. Moreover, biosimulation technology has played a vital role in drug development for diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases. These applications and advantages drives the attention towards adoption of biosimulation on global level.
Market Dynamics and Trends:
Technological advancements and increasing demand for biologics and biosimilar drugs are the major factors driving the growth of biosimulation market. Technological advancements in the biosimulation market includes adoption of microarrays and predictive models such as top-down, bottom-up approaches, machine-learning and data mining techniques, hybrid models, and biochemical pathways building models. This advanced technologies enables to confirm known behaviours of biological systems, and to predict other, unknown behaviours. They also reduces time, cost, and complexity of the overall process. Moreover, government support, increasing R&D investment, and growing need to curtail drug discovery and development cost are some additional factors that fuel the growth of this market. On the other hand, lack of standardization in this industry is expected to restrain the growth of biosimulation market.
Major players in the biosimulation market increasingly focus on developing and upgrading their existing product offerings by investing in research and development. In February 2016 Certara’s team of biosimulation developed Phoenix Technology Services to enhance R&D productivity. In addition to product development, strategies such as partnerships and collaborations, acquisitions and expansions are also adopted by the players. For instance, in September 2018 Entelos along with American Diabetes Association established in silico research facility to make biosimulation-based research available to academics. Such strategic developments aids the growth of biosimulation market.
Market Segmentations and Scope of the Study:
Global Biosimulation Market share is analysed on the basis of type, component, application, end user and geography. The type segment covers the market for large-scale and small-scale biosimulation. On the basis of component, the market is segmented into software and service. The application segment includes drug development, drug discovery, and other applications. By end user the market is segmented into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, contract research organizations (CROs), regulatory authorities, and academic and research institutes. The regional analysis of the market comprises of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Dassault Systemes SA, Certara USA, Inc., Advanced Chemistry Development, Inc., Schrodinger, Inc., Genedata AG, Simulation Plus, Physiomics, Leadinvent Technologies, Evidera and Rhenovia Pharma Ltd is also provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the biosimulation market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- The study comprises a deep dive analysis of the current and future biosimulation market trends depicting the prevalent investment pockets in the market.
- The biosimulation market report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2018-2030 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the biosimulation market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis in the biosimulation market report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Global Biosimulation Market, By Type
- Large-scale Biosimulation
- Small-scale Biosimulation
- Global Biosimulation Market, By Component
- PK/PD Modeling and Simulation Software
- Molecular Modeling and Simulation Software
- Pbpk Modeling and Simulation Software
- Trial Design Software
- Toxicity Prediction Software
- In-House Services
- Contract Services
- Global Biosimulation Market, By Application
- Drug Development
- Drug Discovery
- Other Applications
- Global Biosimulation Market, By End User
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Contract Research Organizations (CROS)
- Regulatory Authorities
- Academic And Research Institutes
- Global Biosimulation Market – By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East
- North America