The Global Biological Safety Testing Market size is estimated to be USD 3.11 billion in 2019 and is predicted to reach USD 10.71 by 2030 with a CAGR of 11.9% from 2020-2030. Biological safety testing refers to the testing procedures. These are used to ensure safety of vaccines and biopharmaceuticals by verifying the absence of bacterial contaminants.
Biological safety testing is essential to ensure the quality of the medical products such as vaccines, consumable dosage forms, various drugs, gene therapy products, tissues, blood products, and so on. Some of the major biological safety tests include sterility tests, residual host contaminant detection tests, bioburden testing and endotoxin tests. As wide range of products are constantly being introduced in the market, the safety standards are constantly being redefined. Every new product has to undergo the assessment for biological hazards, risk characterization and toxicological risk assessment. It is mandatory for the products to meet the testing requirements of various international markets. Conducting these assessment tests ensure safety and quality of the products that are being launched in the market and consumed by the human population.
Market Dynamics and Trends:
During pharmaceutical and biologics manufacturing, the microbial contamination rates are high. These are expected to drive the attention of government and private organizations towards improving the underlying biological safety practices. Strong pharmaceutical product pipeline and increasing support from government for biological and pharmaceutical industries are also propelling the growth of this market. Additionally, growing research and development investment, government initiatives to improve the healthcare across various countries, and rising incidences of chronic diseases are expected to drive the growth of biological safety testing market. Moreover, presence of regulatory authority to enforce significant safety standards is also expected to boost the adoption of safety testing. However, time consuming product approval process is likely to restrain the growth of this market.
Increasing need for biologics has resulted in extraordinary growth in number of biopharmaceutical companies. This increasing competition to develop therapeutically advanced drugs on a large scale has compelled manufacturers to improve on aspects such as productivity, cost efficiency, and deviations. Companies such as Merck, Charles River Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Eurofins look forward to strategic alliances in order to improve their R&D capabilities and existing product offerings. Companies are also implementing good manufacturing practices involving thorough biological testing at various levels of production cycles, thereby contributing toward market growth.
Market Segmentations and Scope of the Study:
Global Biological Safety Testing Market share is analysed on the basis of products, application, test type, and geography. On the basis of products, the market is segmented into kits & reagents, consumables, instruments and services. By application the market is further segmented into vaccines & therapeutics, blood & blood-based products, cellular and gene therapy, tissue and tissue-related products testing, and stem cell research. The tests type segment covers the market for endotoxin tests, sterility tests, cell line authentication & characterization tests, bioburden tests, adventitious agent detection tests, residual host contaminant detection tests, and others. The regional analysis of the market comprises of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Charles River Laboratories International Inc., Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Lonza Group, SGS SA, Avance Biosciences Inc., WuXiPharmaTech Inc., BSL Bioservice, Merck KGaA, Cytovance Biologics Inc., and Toxikon Corporation is also provided in this Biological Safety Testing Market report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the biological safety testing market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- The study comprises a deep dive analysis of the current and future biological safety testing market trends depicting the prevalent investment pockets in the market.
- The biological safety testing market report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2020-2030 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the biological safety testing market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the market.
- Value chain analysis in the biological safety testing market report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Global Biological Safety Testing Market– By Product
- Kits & Reagents
- Global Biological Safety Testing Market – By Application
- Vaccines & Therapeutics
- Blood & Blood-based Products
- Cellular And Gene Therapy
- Tissue And Tissue-related Products Testing,
- Stem Cell Research
- Global Biological Safety Testing Market – By Test Type
- Endotoxin Tests
- Sterility Tests
- Cell Line Authentication & Characterization Tests
- Bioburden Tests
- Adventitious Agent Detection Tests
- Residual Host Contaminant Detection Tests
- Global Biological Safety Testing Market – By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East
- North America