The Global Flexible Display Market size is estimated to be USD 10.61 billion in 2019 and is predicted to reach USD 246.42 billion by 2030 with a CAGR of 33.1% from 2020-2030. Flexible Display is unbreakable, thin, flexible and rollable display which helps to overcome the drawbacks with traditional display such as heavy weight, size and others. It has a wide application and can e used in television, watches, mobile phone and others. These displays are generally made of plastic instead of glass, steel and thin glass can also be used for the manufacturing of flexible displays.
Market Dynamics and Trends
Over the past few years there have been evolution in the technology coupled with technological advancement on a large scale. There have been also increase in the demand of developed infrastructure and increased demand of consumer electronics with advanced features are further expected to expand flexible display market in the near future.
The other factors includes increased demand of energy efficient electronics coupled with OLED based devices and increasing digitization with increase internet penetration are also expected to drive the market growth. However, complex manufacturing process of flexible displays with high cost is expected to limit the market growth. Moreover, increasing application of flexible displays coupled with increased demand of smart wearable devices are expected to create opportunities in the flexible display market in the near future.
Market Segmentations and Scope of the Study:
The global flexible display market share is analyzed on the basis of component, technology, application and geography. On the basis of component, the market is segmented into Organic material, Substrate, Conductive layer, Backlight panel, and others. On the basis of technology, the market is divided into Display technology and Display manufacturing technology. Display technology is further segmented into OLED, E-Paper, LCD, and LCOS. Display manufacturing technology is further divided into Flat panel display technology and Plasma display technology. Based on application the market is classified into E-reader, Smart phones, Tablet, Laptop, E-paper, and Television. Geographic breakdown and analysis of each of the aforesaid segments includes regions comprising North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW.
North America is expected to dominate the flexible display market in terms of market share owing to the increased adoption of flexible display. Moreover, emerging infrastructure and increased demand of consumer electronics are also expected to promote the market growth.
Asia Pacific is expected to show tremendous growth in terms of growth rate with constant increase in market share. The other contributing factors include increased demand of energy efficient electronics coupled with innovation and wide applications of such displays in various devices are also expected to fuel the growth of flexible display market.
The flexible display market, which is highly competitive, consists of various market players. Some of major market players include LG Display Co., Ltd, Japan Display Inc., Acuity Brands Lighting, Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, Ritek Corporation, Innolux Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd, AU Optronics Corp., Hannstar Display Corporation, Chunghwa Picture Tubes Ltd, Osram Licht AG and Sharp Corporation among others.
In the recent past there have been various developments taken in the market in terms of product launch, strategic collaboration and others. For Instance, in February 2019, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. unveiled the highly anticipated Galaxy Fold, a new foldable device creating a new mobile category. Galaxy Fold features the world’s first 7.3-inch Infinity Flex Display, which folds into a compact device with a cover display. Galaxy Fold offers a powerful new way to multitask, watch videos, play games, and more – bringing to life new experiences and possibilities years in the making.
- The flexible display market report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2020-2030 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on.
- The study comprises a deep dive analysis of the flexible display market trend including the current and future trends for depicting the prevalent investment pockets in the market.
- The information related to key drivers, restraints and opportunities and their impact on the flexible display market is provided in the report.
- The competitive analysis of the market players along with their market share in the global flexible display market.
- The SWOT analysis and Porters Five Forces model is elaborated in the study.
- Value chain analysis in the market study provides a clear picture of the stakeholders’ roles.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Global Flexible Display market – By Components
- Organic material
- Conductive layer
- Backlight panel
- Global Flexible Display market – By Technology
- Display technology
- Display manufacturing technology
- Flat panel display technology
- Plasma display technology
- Display technology
- Global Flexible Display market –By Application
- Smart phones
- Global Flexible Display market –By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of RoW
- North America