The Global Heart Attack Diagnostics Market size is estimated to be USD 10.51 billion in 2019 and is predicted to reach USD 24.26 billion by 2030 with a CAGR of 7.9% from 2020-2030. Heart attack is a medical condition that occurs when a blood clot blocks the blood flow to the heart. Some of the diagnostic test such as ECG, X-rays, and more are used to diagnose the occurrence and severity of this medical condition. These diagnostics are mainly associated with the signs and symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, and clod sweating.
As the risk factor associated with cardiac disorders is really high, it is critically important to make an accurate diagnosis and provide efficient treatment as required. Large number of research studies are being conducted to improvise and technologically modify the existing diagnostic techniques with advanced tests. Currently, ECG is expected to hold the highest market share compared to other diagnostic tools, and also is expected to grow at a highest rate during the forecast period. Technological advancements that focus on improving its performances play a vital role in this high growth. Moreover, increasing focus towards development of cost-effective diagnostic alternative open new avenues in the heart attack diagnostics industry.
Market Dynamics and Trends:
Presence of high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol lead to heart attack. Increasing prevalence of such cardiovascular diseases is the major factor driving the market for heart attack diagnostic tools. In the US, around 15 million people have coronary heart diseases, 78 million have high blood pressure, and around 20 million people suffer with diabetes. These disease conditions primarily increase the demand for heart attack analytical assessments. Moreover, increasing geriatric population and government initiatives to create awareness regarding regular medical examination also contribute to this growth. However, high cost of diagnosis and changeable reimbursement policies are expected to hinder the growth of heart attack diagnostics market during the forecast period.
The companies operating in the heart attack diagnostic market mainly focus on developing products that provide accurate results and those that can be easily used. In September 2018 Abbott received CE Mark for its High Sensitive Troponin-I blood test that help predict the chance of heart attack in healthy adults. Also, companies such as Royal Philips, GE Healthcare, Beckman Coulter and more enter into strategic agreements and collaborations to develop new analytical tests. For instance, in August 2017 Royal Philips entered into a collaborative agreement with HeartFlow Inc. with the aim of improving access to diagnostic and planning tools for interventional cardiologists. Such activities help the companies to strengthen their market position, and gain significant market share in the global market.
Market Segmentations and Scope of the Study:
Global heart attack diagnostics market share is analysed on the basis of type of tests, end user and geography. By type of tests, the market is segmented into electrocardiogram (ECg/EKG), blood tests, X-ray, echocardiogram, coronary catheterization (angiogram), exercise stress test, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The end user segment is divided into hospitals and clinics, diagnostic centers, cardiac centers and other end users. By patient type the market is segmented into adult and pediatric. The regional analysis of the heart attack diagnostics market comprises of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Abbott Laboratories, Beckman Coulter, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, GE Healthcare, Life Sign LLC, Hitachi Medical Systems, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Midmark Corporation and Schiller AG is also provided in this heart attack diagnostics market report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the heart attack diagnostics market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- Current and future heart attack diagnostics market trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- The heart attack diagnostics market report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2018-2030 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the heart attack diagnostics market.
- Value chain analysis in the heart attack diagnostics market report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Global Heart Attack Diagnostics Market– By Type of Tests
- Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG)
- Blood Tests
- Coronary Catheterization (Angiogram)
- Exercise Stress Test
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Global Heart Attack Diagnostics Market – By End User
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Diagnostic Centers
- Cardiac Centers
- Other End Users
- Global Heart Attack Diagnostics Market – By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East
- North America