The Global Legionella Water Testing Market size is estimated to be USD 220.9 billion in 2019 and is predicted to reach USD 509.9 billion by 2030 with a CAGR of 7.9% from 2020-2030. Legionella is the bacteria which is responsible for Legionellosis, a form of pneumonia. The treatment requires intensive care and hospitalization thus is considered as one of the major public concern.
Market Dynamics and Trends:
The major driving factors for the global legionella water testing market are increasing prevalence of the legionnaires, rising number of respiratory diseases, rising prevalence of waterborne diseases and increasing healthcare expenditure have driven the growth of the market. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2013, over 4,568 new cases of Legionnaires disease were reported. Increasing awareness about the preventive measures and rising prevalence of Legionella-related diseases are boosting the legionella water testing market growth. Strict regulatory laws and long approval time for the test and devices may slow the growth of the market. Additionally, rising cost of treatment, andn lack of reimbursement policies is acting as hurdle for the legionella water testing market growth.
Market Segmentations and Scope of the Study:
The global legionella water testing market share is analyzed on the basis of types, application, and end user. On the basis of types the global legionella water testing is segmented into Water Testing and IVD testing. Water testing is further segmented into microbial culture, DFA stain, PCR, others. IVD testing is further sub segmented into blood culture, urine antigen test, DFA stain, PCR, others. On the basis of application, the legionella water testing market is segmented into clinical testing methods, environmental testing methods, and others. On the basis of end users the market is segmented into hospitals & clinics, diagnostic laboratories, and others. The regional analysis of the market comprises of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
North America holds the major share in the legionella water testing market owing to the presence of many leading pharmaceutical and biotechnological players, increasing prevalence of waterborne diseases and huge government support. Strict regulatory laws for water safety in Europe have driven the legionella water testing market in Europe. Heavy investment in research & development activities, strong support from government, and availability of funds have supported the market growth. Asia Pacific is the expected to be the fastest growth for the legionella water testing market which is majorly driven by huge opportunities in the market, presence of rapidly growing economies, and continuous development in the healthcare sector. The incidence rate of the infectious diseases is minimal in developed countries owing to the availability of better healthcare and lifestyle standards. China and India is expecting exponential growth for the market.
Major key players in the market are: Albagaia Ltd., Becton, Dickinson & Company, BioMérieux SA, Aquacert Ltd., Idexx Laboratories Inc., Merck KGaA, Merck Millipore (Merck KGaA), Pall Corporation (Danaher Corporation), Pacific Water Technology, Phigenics Llc, Qiagen N.V., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. amongst others.
Many major players are focusing on development of the innovative products. For instance: in Apr 2018, Phigenics Research and Innovation Lab announced its most recent innovation, the Next Day Legionella PCR testing service. It is a PCR Test based on the patented Phigenics Validation Test (PVT) TimeZero method for more precise and accurate detection.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the Global Legionella Water Testing market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market.
- Current and future Legionella Water Testing market trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness and to single out profitable trends to gain a stronger foothold.
- The Legionella Water Testing market report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with impact analysis.
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2019-2030 are provided to showcase the financial caliber of the market.
- Porters Five Forces model and SWOT analysis of the industry illustrates the potency of the buyers & suppliers participating in the Legionella Water Testing market.
- Value chain analysis in the Legionella Water Testing market report provides a clear understanding of the roles of stakeholders involved in the value chain.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Global Legionella Water Testing Market – By Test Type
- Water Testing
- Microbial Culture
- DFA Stain
- IVD Testing
- Blood Culture
- Urine Antigen Test
- DFA Stain
- Water Testing
- Global Legionella Water Testing market – By Application
- Clinical Testing Methods
- Environmental Testing Methods
- Global Legionella Water Testing market – By End User
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Global Legionella Water Testing market – By Geography
- North America
- Rest of the Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of the Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- North America