The Global Smoke Evacuation System Market size is estimated to be USD 165.3 million in 2019 and is predicted to reach USD 323.7 million by 2030 with a CAGR of 6.3% from 2020-2030. Smoke Evacuation System is used in the surgical room to remove the smoke produces at the surgical site. The smoke is generally produced during tissue ablation, electrosurgery, drilling and others as a by-product. It is important to remove the smoke as it consists of bio-aerosols, carcinogenic and other elements which can be harmful for the patient or other people present in the room.
Market Dynamics and Trends
The improving and modernizing healthcare infrastructure with increasing prevalence of various chronic disorders are expected to enhance the market growth. Furthermore, increase in technological advancements coupled with increase in surgical procedures is expected to support the growth of smoke evacuation system market.
The other factors include increase in product availability coupled with increased in disposable income coupled with increase in cosmetic surgeries and increase use of electrical and ultrasonic devices are expected to fuel the market growth. However, stringent government policies and regulatory policies for the approval are expected to hamper the growth of smoke evacuation system market over the forecast period. Moreover, increase in the elective procedure and increased adoption in developing economies are expected to create ample opportunities in the smoke evacuation system market over the forecast period.
Market Segmentations and Scope of the Study:
The global smoke evacuation system market share is analyzed on the basis of type, application, end user and geography. On the basis of type, the market is segmented into Smoke Evacuating Systems, Smoke Evacuation Filters, Smoke Evacuation Pencils & Wands, Smoke-Evac Fusion Products (Shrouds), Smoke Evacuation Tubings, and Accessories. The Smoke Evacuating Systems are sub segmented into Stationary Systems and Portable Systems. The Smoke Evacuation Filters is further divided into Ultra-low Penetration Air (ULPA) Filters, Charcoal Filters, In-line Filters, and Pre-filters. Based on application, the market is fragmented into Laparoscopic Surgeries, Open General Surgeries, Medical Aesthetic Surgeries, and Orthopedic Surgeries. On the basis of end user, the market is divided into Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Cosmetic Surgery Centers, Dental Clinics, and Veterinary Healthcare Providers. Geographic breakdown and analysis of each of the aforesaid segments includes regions comprising North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW.
North America is expected to account for the major market share over the forecast period owing to the increased adoption of smoke evacuation systems. Furthermore, increased in the technological advancement and presence of developed healthcare facilities coupled with increase in the surgical procedure are also expected to fuel the growth of smoke evacuation system market.
Asia Pacific is expected to show rapid growth and gradual increase in market share owing to the increased prevalence of chronic disorders coupled with increasing accessibility to the healthcare facilities and increase in disposable income are also expected to support the growth of smoke evacuation system market.
The smoke evacuation system market, which is highly competitive, consists of various market players. Some of the major market players include Medtronic, Bovie Medical Corporation, Bowa-electronic GmbH & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH, Olympus, Symmetry Surgical Inc., Johnson & Johnson, KLS Martin, ConMed Corporation, and B. Braun Melsungen AG among others.
In the recent past there have been various developments taken place in the market and also expected to takes place in near future. For instance, in February 2019, CONMED Corporation has announced that it has completed its previously announced acquisition of privately-held Buffalo Filter LLC (Buffalo Filter) from Filtration Group. Buffalo Filter is the market leader in surgical smoke evacuation technologies. The company’s comprehensive product portfolio includes smoke evacuation pencils, smoke evacuators, and laparoscopic solutions.
- The smoke evacuation system market report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2020-2030 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on.
- The study comprises a deep dive analysis of the smoke evacuation system market trend including the current and future trends for depicting the prevalent investment pockets in the market.
- The information related to key drivers, restraints and opportunities and their impact on the smoke evacuation system market is provided in the report.
- The competitive analysis of the market players along with their market share in the global smoke evacuation system market.
- The SWOT analysis and Porters Five Forces model is elaborated in the study.
- Value chain analysis in the market study provides a clear picture of the stakeholders’ roles.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Global Smoke Evacuation System market – By Type
- Smoke Evacuating Systems
- Stationary Systems
- Portable Systems
- Smoke Evacuation Filters
- Ultra-low Penetration Air (ULPA) Filters
- Charcoal Filters
- In-line Filters
- Smoke Evacuation Pencils & Wands
- Smoke-Evac Fusion Products (Shrouds)
- Smoke Evacuation Tubings
- Smoke Evacuating Systems
- Global Smoke Evacuation System market – By Application
- Laparoscopic Surgeries
- Open General Surgeries
- Medical Aesthetic Surgeries
- Orthopedic Surgeries
- Global Smoke Evacuation System market –By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Cosmetic Surgery Centers
- Dental Clinics
- Veterinary Healthcare Providers
- Global Smoke Evacuation System market –By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of RoW
- North America