The Global Silicon Photonics Market size is estimated to be USD 914.7 million in 2019 and is predicted to reach USD 6734.01 million by 2030 with a CAGR of 19.9% from 2020-2030. Silicon photonic are a device that deals with the photonic system to transfer, process, and manage data between microchips. As silicon is a substrate for most ICs, silicon photonic uses it as the optical medium. This enables manufacturers to have hybrid devices with a single microchip. This integration provides faster data transfer with less time between microchips
The silicon photonics reduces the cost of optical devices by using standard semiconductor fabrication technique with the integration in microelectronic chips. The increasing demand for high-performance computing in data centers has increased the use of transceivers. The features provided by silicon photonics such as high interconnect density, high optical integration, and low error rates are the major reasons for the adoption of silicon photonics. This has increased the market size of the transceivers in the global silicon photonics market.
The investments made by providers such as Intel Corporation, IBM Corporation, Cisco Systems, Inc., and others for development of high data transmission technology and increasing usage in advanced defense technology is boosting the laser silicon photonics market. The consumption of silicon photonics is increasing rapidly as it helps to reduce cost and consumes less power.
The increasing demand for silicon photonics based products in data centers, silicon photonics based transceivers help in reducing power consumption, and increasing need of high bandwidth and high data transfer rates are major key driving factors to increase the growth rate of silicon photonics market. However, thermal effects risk and complexity in integration is hampering the growth of the silicon photonics market. The increasing government and stakeholder funding and emerging applications of silicon photonics will create new opportunities for the market growth in future.
Global Silicon Photonics Market share is analysed on the basis of product, component, application, and geography. On the basis of product, the market is segmented into transceiver, cable, sensor, variable optical attenuator, and switch. On the basis of component, the market covers laser, modulator, and photo detector. On the basis of application, the market is classified into telecommunications, military, defense & aerospace, data center & high-performance computing, medical & life sciences, and sensing. The regional analysis of the market comprises of North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World.
North America region held largest market size in silicon photonics owing to high level of advanced technology implementation in silicon photonics, demand for the high data speed, and government support for silicon photonic products.
Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to grow with highest CAGR during the forecast period. This is attributable to the factors including presence of leading and emerging player of silicon photonics, adoption of internet services in data center and telecommunications sector, development of new emerging technologies, and increased use of silicon photonics transceivers with smartphones.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of the major market players such as Hewlett-Packard Co, IBM Corp, Phoenix Software, Luxtera, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Mellanox Technologies, Das Photonics, Infinera, Inc., 3s Photonics, and Finisar Corporation are provided in the silicon photonics market report.
- The silicon photonics market report provides the quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2020-2030 that assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities to capitalize on.
- The study comprises a deep dive analysis of the current and future silicon photonics market trends depicting the prevalent investment pockets in the market.
- The information related to key drivers, restraints and opportunities and their impact on the silicon photonics market is provided in the report.
- The competitive analysis of the market players along with their market share and market size in the global silicon photonics market.
- The SWOT analysis and Porters Five Forces model is elaborated in the study.
- Value chain analysis in the market study provides a clear picture of the stakeholders’ roles.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Global Silicon Photonics Market – By Product
- Variable Optical Attenuator
- Global Silicon Photonics Market – By Component
- Global Silicon Photonics Market – By Application
- Military, Defense & Aerospace
- Data Center & High-Performance Computing
- Medical & Life Sciences
- Global Silicon Photonics Market – By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- North America